These intrinsically safe and nonincendive, loop-powered 1/8 DIN digital panel meters can be installed virtually anywhere to provide convenient and informative displays of any 4-20 mA signal. One of the most convenient features of these instruments is their dual line display which is typically used to display the process variable on the 5-digit alphanumeric top line and the units or a tag on the 8-digit alphanumeric bottom line. Another common setup is to display the input in one scale on the top line (such as feet) and another scale on the bottom line (such as gallons). Both of these lines use 14-segment, alphanumeric characters for clear indication of tags, units or alarm messages.
Further enhancing the display on these instruments is a 20-segment bargraph available on the PD6608 that also includes a numeric value of the percentage the bargraph represents. There is even a model that displays level in feet and inches for customers who prefer to see their levels represented that way rather than in decimal format.
These loop-powered meters can be installed virtually anywhere because they get their power from the 4-20 mA loop and therefore require no separate power source. And they only drop 1.5 V (4.7 V with backlight), so they add very little burden to the loop. Additional features that allow these instruments to be installed virtually anywhere include a NEMA 4X, IP65 front panel, an operating temperature range of -40 to 158°F (-40 to 70°C), conformally coated PCBs, and a backlit LCD that can be read in bright sunlight or dimly lit areas. Finally, they are intrinsically safe and nonincendive, so they can be installed in hazardous areas.
Free, PC-based, software that connects to the meter via a micro USB cable is available for programming and setup of the meters. In addition, the meter can be programmed, setup and operated via the four front panel buttons. Three of these buttons can be used as function keys. In addition, a digital input is standard and is particularly useful for remote reset of the alarms or to trigger an alarm.
All models come equipped with two open collector outputs and are available with two solid state relays and 4-20 mA analog output options. The open collector outputs are useful for alarm indication or pulse output. The relays can be programmed for alarm indication, on/off control, or pump alternation.
- 4-20 mA Input
- Loop-Powered Process Meter
- 1.5 Volt Drop (4.7 Volt Drop with Backlight)
- Loop-Powered Backlight with Red Backlight for Alarm Conditions
- NEMA 4X, IP65 Front
- -40 to 158°F (-40 to 70°C) Operating Temperature Range
- Free PC-Based USB Programming Software
- 5-Digit Alphanumeric Top Line
- 8-Digit Alphanumeric Bottom Line
- Displays Level in Feet & Inches up to 999 Feet, 11 & 15/16 Inches
- 20-Segment Bargraph with Numeric Percent Indication
- Conformal Coated PCBs for Dust & Humidity Protection
- Two Open Collector Outputs Standard
- Optional Loop-Powered Solid State Relays
- Optional 4-20 mA Analog Output
- Relay Pump Alternation Based on Level and Runtime
- Display Relay Runtime and Cycle Count
- UL & C-UL 61010 Listed for Electrical Safety
- UL & C-UL Listed as Intrinsically Safe and Nonincendive
- ATEX and IECEx Certified as Intrinsically Safe