Second Sun™ is a flameless catalytic tank heater designed to safely and efficiently augment natural vaporization in propane, LPG and anhydrous ammonia storage tanks. When our environment is unable to supply the needed energy, Second Sun is an ideal solution!
Why The Second Sun?
- No Flame − no source of ignition!
- Gas powered − utilizes propane vapor from the storage tank for operation of the heater and monitoring controls
- Catalytic Heater − low temperature radiant heat will not overheat or harm the tank surface
- Self contained, off-grid operation
- 30,000 btu/hr input
- Adds 2.2 mm btu/hr of vaporization
- Equipped with safety controls for high pressure and high temperature
- High pressure safety switch monitors the pressure in the tank being heated
- Two high temperature switches monitor the temperature of the tank surface
- Designed to fit 41″-84″ diameter tanks, 1,000 gallons and larger, up to 12,000 gallons
- Simple to install − 2 person install
- Easy to remove for tank and heater inspection
- Meets hazardous location requirements
- Can be used with Propane, Butane or LPG
- Boost pressure in the LPG storage tank
- Increase tank vaporization
- Replace a liquid pump in a vaporizer application
- Boost pressure in a storage tank that has been overdrawn and refrigerated
- Butane tank heater
How Does It Work?
The SECOND SUN is a propane tank heater that operates based on tank pressure. The tank heater utilizes an adjustable operating pressure switch with a range of 55 psi − 100 psi. When the pressure in the storage tank falls below the operating switch set point the heater will cycle on providing heat (energy) into the liquid stored in the tank. When the pressure requirement is satisfied, the tank heater reverts to a standby mode.
An integral 12V DC heater is used to initially start the SECOND SUN. After being started, the power source is no longer required.